The mission of the Whitefish Bay Garden Club is to stimulate an interest in horticulture and the development of home gardens, to beautify civic grounds, and to protect natural surroundings.
WHITEFISH BAY GARDEN CLUB ACTIVITIES
- Providing community education through a speaker series on relevant sustainability topics: growing herbs organically, installing rain gardens, incorporating native plants into your landscaping, creating quality compost,
- Restoring butterfly habitats and maintaining the Butterfly Garden at Cahill Park,
- Removing invasive plants (garlic mustard and buckthorn) from parks along Lake Michigan,
- Advocating for sustainable land management practices in our public green spaces, and
- Remembering fellow residents facing hardships with our Forget-Me-Not program